Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Peaches!

August 3, 2014
Today after church, we headed outside to pick the ripe peaches.  I was excited about helping mom!
Look at this beautiful peach that we grew on our tree!
Some of the peaches were low enough that I could pick them myself, which, I was very excited about.  
Here I am trying to get another one.  You have to pull hard to get them free.  
I got to pick about 5 or 6 that were low enough on this branch for me to reach.  
The greatest part of picking peaches today was getting to climb up the ladder to pick a couple.  Mom doesn't have any pictures of me picking the really high ones, because, she was right beside me making sure I stayed safe.  We have sure been enjoying the fresh peaches off our tree.  We have been eating them in lots of different ways.  My favorite, so far, was the peach cobbler we made!  It has been yummy to have so many home grown fruits and vegetables this summer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment