November 24, 2016
Happy Thanksgiving! This year we had a nice and quiet Thanksgiving at our house with just the four of us. We just hung out and relaxed as a family. We started the day off with breakfast and the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, then we played for a while, we helped mom make pumpkin pie and stuffing, and then we made our thankful trees.
For the last couple of years we have collected leaves through out November and each day we would write something we were thankful for. Well this year we didn't get to it through out the month, but Mom thought why not do it on Thanksgiving and do a bunch of things we are thankful for all at once.
We headed outside to collect of bunch a pretty fallen leaves.
I got some leaves, but I think I still need some more.
I had a great time collecting leaves!
A little happy Thanksgiving dance.
We had great time thinking of things that we were thankful for. I was able to write mine by myself. After we wrote something we were thankful for on the leaf then we would tape it to the tree. The thankful trees were so much fun to make.
Look at my pretty leaf that I found. I would tell mom what I was thankful for and then she would write it on the leaf. I really wanted to do some on my own, so, by the end I wrote on about three of them.
Here is my thankful tree!
Here is my thankful tree. We had so many things that we were thankful for that we had to go outside and get more leaves. Then my tree had so many leaves that some of them had to fall off the tree onto the ground. It was great to see how thankful we are for all that we have big or small.
That evening we had a Thanksgiving feast with turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, sweet potatoes, salad, olives, corn pudding, and rolls. It sure was a lot of food for the four of us, well five of us we gave Scout some. I am sure we will be eating leftovers for days to come!
Mom got a couple of Thanksgiving meal pictures before we prayed and were able to dig in.
Alright mom enough with the pictures and lets start eating!
It wouldn't be Thanksgiving without Mom's favorite Thanksgiving food, olives. This turkey hat I am wearing I made in school and was quite excited to get to wear it.
Once mom put the olives on our plate they went straight to our fingers for us to eat them off.
I sure enjoyed my pumpkin pie that I helped mom make. I scarfed it right down.
No comments:
Post a Comment