Thursday, December 22, 2016

A surprise party for Dad!


We really wanted to throw Daddy a surprise birthday party.  We love to celebrate birthdays and have parties for them.  We were so excited about it that mom said "we would make a surprise birthday party for Dad work."  It was a pretty small surprise party with only the five of us and that counts Scout.
After school we went to store and got some Captain America plates and napkins to make his surprise party Captain American themed.  We decorated the dinning room and then about and hour before Dad got home we started hiding to surprise him.  Scout even got in on the hiding with me for a little bit.
I think that this is going to be the perfect place to hide to jump out and surprise dad.
Out in our living room we have our tent and tunnel set up.  I hid in the tent while I waited.
It was a good place to hide because you could hide and play at the same time!
Finally it was time for Dad to come home.  Makayla came to join me under the table.  We sure surprised him when he got home.  It probably helped that the surprise party was a little ways after his birthday.
After we decorated and before we hide we wrapped some presents for Dad to open!  I hope that he likes them!
Our party consisted of decorations, calzones for dinner, some presents and of course ice cream cake.
We made Daddy the ultimate chocolate peanut butter ice cream pie!  I am sure he is going to love it.
A picture with us and Daddy before we sang Happy Birthday to him.
We love you so much Daddy.  We think that you are the greatest.
Ice cream pie is the official Nettleton birthday dessert of  2016.  I wonder what the birthday dessert of 2017 will be?
We helped Dad blow out the candles and then dug into the ice cream pie.  It sure was yummy.  We had a great time celebrating Daddy tonight!  So glad he was able to get the Captain American birthday party that we have been talking about throwing him for the last couple of birthdays!

No comments:

Post a Comment