Thursday, April 25, 2013

St. Patrick's Day at Burney Falls

March 17, 2013
For St Patrick's day this year, we put on some green, put the corned beef in the crock pot, and went out to explore some waterfalls.  I got a nice comfy ride in the ergo for the hikes.  It is nice to be little and get carried.  
We hiked down to Potem falls.  It was a falls that Mommy had never been to, but was in the 101 things to do in the Redding area.  Here I am with Aunt Helen at the bottom.  I hiked all the way down by myself.  
Aunt Helen and I had a blast.  I got to hold her hand a lot of the way down.  
Here I am with mommy and Grammy at the bottom of the falls.  I really liked the falls.  I would turn my head to try to see them anytime mommy would move.  It was probably the sound of the rushing water that intrigued me!
I found a fun big rock to sit on and rest up for the walk back up to the car.  It sure was fun to climb and sit on the rocks.  
Daddy came to sit with me on the rock.  I think he needed a rest before heading up to the car!
After Potem falls, we headed to Burney Falls and had a picnic lunch.  It was another place in the 101 things to do in the Redding area.  Mommy, Daddy, and Grammy had already been, but it was new for Aunt Helen, Makayla, and me.  Plus it is so impressive of a waterfall, that it is worth seeing again.  
Makayla got to hang out while we checked out the top of the falls.  She loves it in her stroller.  

Here we are at the top of the Burney falls ready to head down on the trail to see it from the bottom.  
This was my first ride with daddy in the Ergo.  I must say that I quite enjoyed my ride and time with him!
The path was nice and ride most of the way, so I had fun holding different people's hands.  When you can hold two hands it makes it easier to jump and swing.  One, two, three jump!
Here we are at the bottom of Burney Falls.  It sure was loud!
A very exciting photo of the whole family all looking and smiling at the camera.  It is always exciting to get a photo of all of us looking and smiling!!!!
After we got home, dinner was ready.  It wouldn't  be St. Patrick's day in our house with our Corned Beef and cabbage.  Daddy loves it and so do it.  Mommy thinks it is amazing that I will eat the stuff.  It was sure a fun St. Patrick's Day.  




No comments:

Post a Comment