February 16, 2013
It was a beautiful day here, so we headed outside to plant some seeds in our garden. I got to go hang out in my chair and watch Mommy and McKenzie plant the seeds.
I got a little bored while Mommy was getting the soil ready and found a garden gnome and decided to try to plant him. I wonder if me walking around in the garden helps get the dirt ready!
I tried a bunch of different places to plant the garden gnome. I found him a good home. I wonder if he will grow bigger or more of him since I planted him. Mommy sure hopes he doesn't grow more.
When the soil was all ready then the fun part came. We got to plant the seeds. Here I am putting a pea seed in the hole.
I had a lot of fun putting the seeds in the ground and than covering them up. We planted a spring garden: peas, lettuce, arugula, basil, and some other things.
Now they are all covered up and ready for us to water them. Mommy likes the spring garden the most because it takes the littlest effort to produce some vegetables. Now we just have to wait and see what will grow and we can harvest.
After we planted our garden, we put dinner on the BBQ, since it was so nice. Makayla was entertaining us all with her story!
Here we are happy to be outside on such a nice day, waiting for dinner to be ready!
No comments:
Post a Comment