Sunday, January 26, 2014

Lots of fun when there is lots of snow!

December 26, 2013
Today, was a cold day in Steamboat, but we bundled up and headed outside to make a snow cave.  Daddy got it started and I am trying it out to see if it is big enough for me!
I had fun playing in my snow cave!
Daddy and I took a little break from building and made some snow angels.  
Daddy taught me how to use my feet to get the snow off the roof to make my cave bigger!  I had fun kicking the snow.  
Home sweet home!  
Grandpa brought out a sled and I tried sledding down the drive way.  I am not too sure about laying down while doing this!
That is better in a seated position!  Now I can see where I am
going.
I had fun sledding down the drive way!
Here I am sledding down the drive way.
Watch out for the snow bank!  It was hard to stear the sled, lucky thing the snow banks don't hurt when you run into them.
Grandpa did a great job of giving me a good send off, so that, I could make it to the bottom of the hill.  
I would get excited if I made it out of the drive way and onto the road.  Don't worry Grandma and Grandpa live at the end of a quiet cul-de-sac, so, it was safe!
We headed inside to warm up after our snow cave building and sledding.  My rosy cheeks indicates that it was pretty cold outside.  
Happy to be in the warm house!
A nice warm beverage to help me warm up!
My cheeks are rosy too, but my are because I ended up with a fever and am not feeling very well.
I had to stay inside the house and nap while sister got to go outside and play.  It is rough being sick.  

December 27, 2013 
Makayla still had a fever today, so Grandma stayed home with her.  That meant that I got to go out with both mommy and daddy by myself.  We headed out to try some real sledding.  Alright mom send me down!
Here is a video of me sledding.
I had a lot of fun sledding down the hill over and over again.   
 Daddy thought that he would try sledding with me!
 We made it safely to the bottom together!
 Mommy thought that she would take a turn with me too!
I liked going down by myself the best!  It was sure fun going sledding!


December 27, 2013
Daddy and Grandpa went out Elk hunting, so us girls had a fun day to ourselves.  Grandma got out the paint and we had a blast painting together!
 I love to paint.  We made a pretty picture.
I also enjoyed using the dry erase board and the chalkboard.  

December 29, 2013
Grandma makes really yummy biscuits and this morning I got to help her!
After breakfast, I did some coloring on the dry erase board.
Here is the Christmas tree that I decorated with lots of pretty ornaments.  
I really wanted to paint in the snow and make my snow cave pretty.  Here I am with the blue paint ready to spray paint the cave.  
Aunt Aubrey helped lift me up, so that, I could get the whole snow bank.  Grandma and Grandpa had the prettiest snow around.  
Here is our family all bundled up ready to try some sledding on the drive way.
 Makayla's fever finally broke and she was feeling better, so, she was excited to be able to go outside and play in the snow.  I wanted to show her how much fun sledding is, so, we went down together.  
 Here we go again!  Give us a good push!
 I got to try it by myself and definitely enjoyed myself
I had fun sledding down on the big girl sled!
I wanted to pull Daddy up the hill like he pulls me up the hill, but it was tough work.
I gave up getting Daddy to the top of the drive way and went down myself.  Oops I ran into the snow bank.
 I pointed at the rope and grunted more more to Daddy!  
 Grandma and I did a little walking around on the snow!
 Grandma and I had fun hanging out while we watch McKenzie do some sledding.  
I made some snow angels in the snow!
Daddy got in on making a snow angel too.  

December 30, 2013
 I had so much fun sledding with Mommy and Daddy at the big hill that we brought Grandpa, Grandma, and Aunt Aubrey to join in the fun one last time. 
 The first time down I took a nose dive into the snow and wasn't too sure about the purple sled.  
 I decided that I would try the orange sled since that was what I used the time before.  All right Grandpa, give me a push.  
 I got to try sledding on the big hill too.  I started a little bit further down, so I didn't go as fast, but it was still fun. 
 I had a blast going down over and over again.  I love to sled.
 I had fun going over and over again.  I would get off the sled and jump out of mom's arms, so that, I could go again. 
 I got brave and tried the purple sled again and surely enjoyed the fast ride.  This time I stayed on all the way to the end!
I really wanted to go down with my sister, so here we are going down together.  It was a lot of fun playing in the snow in Steamboat.  Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for a fun visit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment