Monday, November 2, 2015

Makayla's first grasshopper soccer!

October 17, 2015
I have been talking about how I get to go and play in a soccer game for weeks now!  I am so excited to get to do my first grasshopper sport!  We are starting with soccer, since, I have spent so much time watching McKenzie play soccer.  When we got there, mom thought I would be excited and jump right in, since, I have been so looking forward to it.  However, I guess I was overwhelmed and and didn't want to participate.  Mom and Dad convinced me to try it out by getting our Hello Kitty soccer ball.  After that, I had a great time!
We worked on stopping the ball with our foot and McKenzie had fun taking pictures of me!
Then we would pass it to our parent.  This time I chose my mom!
I really got the hang of getting my foot on the ball to stop it.
McKenzie wanted to kick the ball with me!  We had fun playing together!
Next thing we did was make an ice cream cone soccer ball.  
Then, we worked on kicking the ball off the cone.  I would kick it off and then rebuild my cone and do it all over again!  Look how high I got my leg to kick that ball!
Next up was dribbling the ball through the little arches.  It was a fun little obstacle course.
At the end, I got to kick the ball into the goal and score a goal!
Here is a video of me dribbling the ball through the obstacle course and scoring.
At the end, we got to dribble through a big tunnel.  It was big enough that I could stand up in it!
Hey look at that, I made it through!
At the end of every grasshopper session they do the hokey pokey.  Here I am getting into the hokey pokey!
After it was all over, I wanted to run through the tunnel.  My how I have grown since I did grasshopper soccer three years ago!
I had fun running through the tunnel with my sister.  
I was happy to have my buddy Gus there to play soccer with me!  A quick pose for the camera to document out first grasshopper lesson together!
After all that practicing a girl can sure use a rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment