Thursday, April 10, 2014

A backyard cookout!

March 14, 2014
Today while mommy was at work, she asked Daddy to get the fire pit out so we could have a cookout in our backyard.  I was really excited about the idea and then my stomach started to hurt and I wasn't so sure about it.  Here I am trying to have fun roasting my hot dog.  
I got to try a hot dog for the first time.  I ate it, but not as well as you would have thought.  I much would rather have the fruit that was on my plate.  Especially the strawberries!
Mommy gave me some medicine for my tummy and it started to feel better, so, Belle and I came back over and tried roasting our hot dog again.  
Daddy surprised Mommy by creating a pad for the fire pit in a dead spot in the grass.  It looked great and a great way to use some of the stones we took out when we built the play structure.  
After dinner, we got out the marshmallows to roast and make some s'mores.  
Daddy did a good job of teaching me how to turn my marshmallow, so that, it is golden brown and perfect for the s'more.  
I was excited about the s'mores too.  They sounded so yummy!
This is sure one yummy s'more roasted to perfection!
I am glad my tummy started to feel better, so that, I could enjoy the cookout.  What a great idea.  I hope we can do this again soon!
So, I didn't get a s'more, but I did get a graham cracker.  The graham cracker was okay by me!  I had a great time playing outside and eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment