March 27, 2016
Yesterday morning mom hard boiled up some eggs, but we ran out of time to color them. After we opened the last egg (we have been using Resurrection eggs as an advent calendar to count down the days until Easter. Every day we get so excited to see what is in the egg and how that ties into the story of Jesus dying on the cross and rising again.) we headed outside to color the eggs.
I had fun mixing colors to see what would happen and what color the egg would turn.
I did a really good job with my eggs this year. I was gentle and didn't crack any.
It was fun coloring the eggs.
Having a great time.
Some how we ended up with a brown color tablet. Not sure why they would make a brown tablet. It really isn't that hard to mix colors and get a brown egg. We thought we would try at least one brown egg.
I really liked to make mine two colors and was able to color one side one color and the other side another color.
After coloring the eggs we headed inside for a bath and to get dressed in our pretty Easter dresses.
Mom thought she would try to get some pictures before church while our hair was done and looking nice and nothing had been spilled on our dresses yet.
Mom had to work hard to get some good ones of me.
So sweet in my Easter dress.
Another sweet girl in a sweet Easter dress. We are off to celebrate Jesus rising from the dead at church!
After we got home from church I really wanted mom to take a picture of me with the eggs that I colored.
I was excited about the eggs that had words written on them. Mom wrote messages on some of them that showed up when we colored them. This one says Jesus loves McKenzie with a cross on the back.
Grandma and Grandpa got us Easter hats and we thought we would wear them out for our lost coin hunt.
Here I am in mine.
Mom has started a tradition the last couple of years that we go looking for the lost coin. She reads us the parable that Jesus tells about the lady who had 10 coins and she looses one. She searches and searches all over looking for the lost coin. When she finally finds the coin she calls all her friend to celebrate. Jesus explains the parable on how God searches for the lost and when one turns to Him all of heaven celebrate that the lost person has been found. We talked about how all of heaven wouldn't be able to celebrate if Jesus had not taken the cup of wrath upon himself on the cross and saved us all from our sin. What a beautiful gift Jesus gave us!
Mom put out more than one coin because after all there are a lot of lost people who need to be found and we need to go out into the world and help them find Jesus.
Sometimes it is hard to see which way to go, but luckily we can lift our eyes up to Jesus and He will guide our way.
I am filling up my bucket and finding lots of lost coins.
Yeah! I found another one!
Listen to the noise that the coins make inside!
I think it is time to celebrate.
I filled my bucket up. I did a great job of searching for those lost coins.
We found them all. We had a wonderful day celebrating Jesus and Him rising from the dead. We are so thankful for His obedience on the cross.
No comments:
Post a Comment