Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Planting a garden and a pretend tea party!

February 17, 2014
 We headed out to plant some spring vegetables in our garden, peas, lettuce, spinach and such.  I headed out with mommy who got the soil all ready for us to plant our seeds.  Mommy was excited to plant a garden with me this year because we have been studying the book of Matthew and they have some great parables about soil.  So, while we planted our seeds we talked about Matthew 13: 3-9.  The four different types of soil that the seeds can be planted into and which type of soil God wants us to have.  
 I raked a trench to put our seeds into with my green rake, which got some dirt on it.  
 I would put my little gnome in the ground to make a hole and then put my seed into it.  
 I was very careful about planting the seed and covering it up! 
 I am all done planting and now we just have to wait for our seeds to sprout.  It was fun planting our spiritual and hopefully edible garden!  
After dinner, we headed to our little craft table to have a pretend tea party with our dolls.  We love to have tea parties real or pretend! 
 Here is a video of me pouring some tea into my cups.  It is amazing how young a little girl is ready to play tea party and can actually do it.  
McKenzie and I made a good team.  I would pour the tea and she would hand it out to our quest.  
McKenzie went to get some food for us, but I was committed to pouring tea.  
After awhile, I moved on and cleaned up from my tea party.  It was sure a fun time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment