Sunday, September 25, 2016

Cat Tales

August 9, 2016
Yesterday we drove to Spokane Wa to visit Aunt Helen for the week.  We were excited to get to visit her at her house, since, we haven't been to Spokane in 6 years.  That means I was about 2 months old the last time I came and Makayla wasn't even born yet! 
For the first day there she took us to Cat Tales.  Cat Tales is a large cat rescue facility.  They take in tigers, lions, cougars (that is what they call mountain lions here), leopards, bob cats, lynx and maybe a few other animals like that.  
They had a lot of fun statues to climb on and I think we climbed on them all and wanted our picture taken on them all.
We found a black panther, or is it a black jaguar, or a black leopard.  No wait those are all the same animal.
He was sure fun to ride.  I am glad he is a statue and not real!
We saw some Royal White Tigers.  We learned that they are white because of a genetic mutation that causes them to be white and not the typical orange color.
There were quite a few orange tigers to look at.
I liked to get up close and look at them.  Don't worry there was this fence between me and the tiger's cage.
Yikes!  He is coming this way!
The tigers were quite entertaining to watch!
Don't tell this bear that he is not a cat and that he doesn't belong here.  We sure didn't because we wanted to stay on his good side.  Cat Tales even took a couple of bears that need rescued. 
Aunt Helen got us stuffed tigers to help us remember our time at Cat Tales with her.  I got an orange tiger.
I picked a white tiger.  This rooster was a fun statue to sit on.
On our way out we found these creepy (oh I mean fun) monkeys to sit on.  Thanks Aunt Helen for taking us to Cat Tales.  We sure had fun seeing all those statues (oh wait I mean animals)!

No comments:

Post a Comment